This Coconut Curry Rice and Chicken dish is one of my favourite one pot meals. It is quick and easy to prepare, and creates a creamy and delicious meal. This meal is gluten free and dairy free.
Sometimes I like to serve with steamed veggies, such as sugar snap peas or green beans. Other times I throw in broccoli or peas a few minutes before serving and let them steam until fully cooked.
If you are looking for a vegetarian meal, you can easily omit the chicken pieces.
Coconut Curry Rice and Chicken
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 398 ml cans of light coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Dice 1 large onion, mince 2 cloves of garlic, and grate 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and ginger. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken breast into bite size strips. Add to onion mixture and stir over medium heat until browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add rice and stir until coated. Add coconut milk, water, and curry powder. Stir until fully combined and allow to simmer covered over low heat for 25 minutes.