Smoothies are a great way to incorporate extra fruit and fibre into your day. They can be enjoyed as a healthy snack or breakfast.
This smoothie is packed with protein and fibre, so it’s perfect for a healthy snack. I also love it for a light but filling breakfast. Because of the added flax and chia seeds, this smoothie is full of fibre and protein to leave you feeling full for longer. If desired, you can add your own protein for an even more filling smoothie.
Mango Raspberry Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/3 of a frozen banana*
- 1/4 cup soy milk**
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon flax seeds
- Protein powder, if desired
- 1-2 tablespoons soy milk
*I like to freeze my bananas when they start to brown to use later for baking and smoothies. I peel and slice my bananas into thirds, and freeze for quick and easy use later.
**I use soy for a milk alternative with added protein. You can use any milk alternative of your choice or regular milk.
- Add mango, raspberries, banana, and 1/4 cup of desired milk in blender. Blend until fruit is fully combined and smooth.
- Add flax seeds, chia seeds, and protein powder if desired. Add extra 1-2 tablespoons of milk. Blend until fully combined and desired consistency.