Herbal teas provide so many health benefits. I have incorporated 3 specific teas into my daily diet. These teas have helped me with digestion issues and stomach discomfort. I drink each tea for their different benefits and uses when needed.
1. Traditional Medicinals Eater’s Digest – peppermint, ginger, fennel, lemon balm.
Eater’s Digest is my favourite tea for after meals. This tea helps with bloating and digestion and is especially perfect after a large meal or over indulgence. This tea helped me through my daily bloating and discomfort while fighting leaky gut (intestinal permeability) and food intolerances.
- Peppermint relieves abdominal gas and bloating. Peppermint tea can be used to relieve many stomach problems, including IBS.
- The benefits of ginger are included in this tea, including reducing nausea and speeding digestion.
- Fennel improves digestive health and reduces heartburn.
- Lemon balm can be used to help with menstrual cramps.
2. Traditional Medicinals Ginger Aid – ginger, lemon.
Ginger Aid is my go-to tea for any upset stomach. This tea helps to aid with digestion and relieve nausea and stomach pains. I personally use this tea for an upset stomach or nausea, as opposed to the Eater’s Digest for digestion issues and bloating after meals.
- Ginger increases absorption of food and food digestion.
- Reduces stomach pain and nausea.
- Can be used to help combat stomach disorders.
3. Traditional Medicinals Everyday Detox – burdock, stinging nettle, dandelion, lemon.
Everyday Detox is one of my favourite daily teas, I try to drink it every day with lunch. This tea helps with digestion and removing unwanted toxins from your body. I drink this tea for overall health and digestive benefits and to help cleanse my body of toxins. It also tastes delicious with hints of lemon and is perfect any time of day.
- Burdock root has been used to help remove toxins and soothe stomach ailments.
- Stinging nettle helps provide relief from added water weight.
- Dandelion root helps soothe digestive ailments and reduce water weight.
- Lemon helps to cleanse the body and speed digestion.
Incorporating herbal teas into your diet is extremely beneficial. Herbal teas can help relieve symptoms for many different health issues and can improve overall health in multiple different ways.
*Note: I am not sponsored by Traditional Medicinals. This post reflects my personal values and experiences with these products.