Spinach Summer Salad is always my favourite go-to salad. It is so simple and quick to make, and can be customized with whatever fruit is in season. I usually eat this salad at least once a week, and honestly eat it all year round, although I admit it is better in summer with fresh, local ingredients.
This salad naturally contains antioxidants and many different vitamins. The chicken and nuts provide lean protein and leave you feeling full. Strawberries are my favourite topping here, but mandarin oranges or other berries are also delicious. Toasting the almonds and pumpkin seeds adds warmth to the salad and makes it extra special.
Spinach Summer Salad
- 1 cup spinach
- ¼ cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 chicken breast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon almonds, sliced
- Light poppy seed dressing
- In a skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper, and grill over medium heat until fully cooked and golden, about 5 minutes each side.
- Arrange spinach on plate, top with sliced strawberries or desired fruit.
- Remove cooked chicken from skillet and allow to rest. Add pumpkin seeds and almonds to warm skillet. Allow to toast for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Slice cooked chicken breast and arrange on spinach. Top with toasted almonds and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with poppy seed dressing.