One of my favourite quick dinners is Thai Chili Noodle Salad. This salad is quick to prepare, and is perfect for taking cold to work or school for lunch the next day. Gluten free and packed with veggies and protein, it’s perfect for lunch or dinner!
The sweet Thai chili sauce is refreshing and provides a sweet and tangy flavor. You can use store bought sauce or prepare your own. I use A Taste of Thai brand.
This salad is easily customizable with your favourite veggies and toppings or what you have on hand. This recipe can also easily be made vegetarian by omitting the grilled chicken. I like to top each serving with half of an avocado, thinly sliced.
Thai Chili Noodle Salad
- 4 oz thin rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 large skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas, diced
- 1/2 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 4-5 tablespoons sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- Cilantro to garnish, optional
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Cook the vermicelli noodles according to package directions. Most noodles require 2-3 minutes, depending on the size of your noodles. Drain noodles and allow to cool in the fridge.
- Cut chicken breast into thin strips. Heat coconut oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken strips to skillet, season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook on medium heat for 7-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and lightly browned.
- Prepare veggies. Slice carrots and peppers into thin strips. Roughly chop spinach and basil.
- Transfer cooled noodles into a large bowl. Add top with cooked chicken and chili sauce. Add the prepared carrots, peppers, spinach, and basil. Add 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Stir until noodles are fully coated and ingredients are fully combined.
- Serve noodles into four bowls.
- Thinly slice avocados. Top each serving with sliced avocado. Garnish with cilantro if desired.