Many of us struggle with packing healthy snacks that keep you feeling full all day. Many pre-packaged snacks are unhealthy and contain unnecessary sugars and additives, without leaving you feeling full. It is important to fuel your body, especially while at school or work for up to 8 hours a day.
The key to staying full for longer is to combine protein with complex carbohydrates.
I’ve put together a list of easy and quick snack ideas to bring with you on the go.
- Piece of fruit with nut butter – I love apples with peanut butter or bananas with almond butter!
- Veggies and hummus – Mix it up! Mix up your veggie options from week to week to keep it varied and interesting.
- Seed crackers and hummus – Try a cracker with lots of fibre to keep you full.
- Deli meat and crackers – Try lean meats like turkey and chicken.
- Dried fruit and nut mix – Make your own mix of your favourite dried fruits, seeds, and nuts. Try adding in coconut strips for a delicious twist!
- Smoothies – I like to make a smoothie in the morning and keep it in the fridge at work for a mid morning snack. Try adding flax seeds and chia seeds for protein and added fibre.
- Yogurt and fruit – Pack a convenient yogurt cup or make your own yogurt, fruit, and granola cup in a reusable container. For added protein and probiotics, add in some PRANA Proativ Chia.
- Make your own oat balls – A healthier alternative to granola bars. My oat balls are packed with protein and fibre, and contain no added sugar! Check out my recipe here: Healthy Oat Balls