These Healthy Oats Balls make a perfect afternoon or mid morning snack! Packed with protein, fibre, and no added sugar, these are a healthier alternative to granola bars. Try adding a handful of dark mini chocolate chips or dried cherries if you prefer something a little sweeter!
These are dairy free, and can be made with soy, almond, or coconut milk. Regular milk works just as well if you prefer!
I like to store mine in the freezer in a ziploc bag. I grab a couple before I leave for school or work and they dethaw by the time I need a snack. You can store these in the fridge for up to a week, or the freezer for up to four weeks (if they last that long!)
Healthy Oat Balls
- 1/2 cup large oats
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup light peanut butter
- 1/4 soy or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Add oats, shredded coconut, peanut butter, desired milk alternative, and chia seeds in a medium bowl.
- Mix ingredients until well combined.
- Form into 1 inch balls. Allow to firm in fridge for 20 minutes.